[asterisk-users] Abandoned SIP-TCP connection causes Asterisk to crash

Nasir Iqbal nasir at ictinnovations.com
Tue Mar 1 06:09:49 CST 2016

Hi All,

We are using SIP over TCP transport but often we got an Asterisk crash with
following error.

[Mar  1 11:23:13] WARNING[1509]: chan_sip.c:3755 __sip_xmit: sip_xmit of
0x7f294000cac0 (len 680) to Soft.Phone.IP.Address:56780 returned -2:
Interrupted system call
Asterisk uncleanly ending (0).
Executing last minute cleanups
  == Destroying musiconhold processes
  == Manager unregistered action DBGet
  == Manager unregistered action DBPut
  == Manager unregistered action DBDel
  == Manager unregistered action DBDelTree

We have tested this issue with Asterisk 11.20 and it can be reproduced as
following

1. From client workstation / labptop register a softphone with Asterisk
over TCP
2. Dial into some local asterisk extension. (i.e play voice message in loop
)
3. From client side kill the softphone i.e ( killall zoiper )
4. Wait some time, Asterisk will crash....

Further we are unable to get any coredump ! (even running with -g) Any help
will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Nasir Iqbal

ICTBroadcast - an Auto Dialer software for ITSP
<https://www.ictbroadcast.com/how-become-internet-telephony-service-provider-itsp-using-ictbroadcast-sp-edition>
SMS, Fax and Voice broadcasting & Inbound / Outbound Campaigns
http://www.ictbroadcast.com/