[asterisk-users] Authentication header in BYE packets

Faheem Muhammad faheem2084 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 01:59:49 CDT 2016

Strange, A BYE should be replied with 200 OK, 481 (non matching dialogid),
408 request time out or similar responses, but it should never be
challenged. Only INVITE, REGISTER and  PUBLISH requests are challenged with
401/407.
As per rfc3261 it should not challenge the BYE Requests.
*The workaround is to add a SIP Proxy(opensips/kamillio) in between your
Provider and Asterisk server and manipulate the BYE message with challenge.

Regards,
Muhammad Faheem