[asterisk-users] asterisk and freeradius AAA

Willy Offermans asterisk at Offermans.Rompen.nl
Wed Jun 8 05:34:49 CDT 2016

Dear asterisk friends,

I like to use asterisk and to do authentication, authorization and
accounting (AAA) for it with freeradius. I looked for any documentation on
the net, but could not find much useful and detailed information.

I have made a first shot with radiusclient-ng. I configured cdr.conf,
cel.conf and radiusclient.conf. Execution of radexample gave a positive
result. So at least for authentication, the setup of radiusclient.conf
seems to work. However asterisk throws following error upon a phonecall:

[Jun  8 12:17:29] ERROR[101041]: cdr_radius.c:228 radius_log: Failed to record Radius CDR record!

The debug of freeradius does not show any activity.

Is it possible to combine asterisk and freeradius for AAA? If yes, is there
any documentation available and can you point me to it? Can I debug the
error message ERROR[101041] in more detail.

--
Met vriendelijke groeten,
With kind regards,

Will