[asterisk-users] Unable to create channel DAHDI

Brent Davidson brent at texascountrytitle.com
Tue Jun 7 13:36:14 CDT 2016

In trying to troubleshoot the Delay after Answer problem I had before
(which seems to be fixed), I have somehow created a new problem:

Outgoing calls are now failing with the following message:

[Jun  7 13:28:09] WARNING[9247][C-00000000]: app_dial.c:2429
dial_exec_full: Unable to create channel of type 'DAHDI' (cause 0 - Unknown)

But I DO have working dahdi as incoming calls are working correctly.

CLI> dahdi show channels
    Chan Extension       Context         Language   MOH Interpret
Blocked    In Service Description
  pseudo                 default default Yes
       3                 mainmenu default Yes
       4                 mainmenu default                         Yes
CLI> dahdi show status
Description                              Alarms  IRQ bpviol CRC    Fra
Codi Options  LBO
Wildcard AEX410                          OK      0 0      0      CAS
Unk           0 db (CSU)/0-133 feet (DSX-1)
CLI> dahdi show channel 3
Channel: 3
File Descriptor: 14
Span: 1
Extension:
Dialing: no
Context: mainmenu
Caller ID:
Calling TON: 0
Caller ID name:
Mailbox: none
Destroy: 0
InAlarm: 0
Signalling Type: FXS Kewlstart
Radio: 0
Owner: <None>
Real: <None>
Callwait: <None>
Threeway: <None>
Confno: -1
Propagated Conference: -1
Real in conference: 0
DSP: no
Busy Detection: yes
     Busy Count: 8
     Busy Pattern: 0,0,0,0
TDD: no
Relax DTMF: yes
Dialing/CallwaitCAS: 0/0
Default law: ulaw
Fax Handled: no
Pulse phone: no
HW Gains (RX/TX): Disabled/Disabled
SW Gains (RX/TX): 0.00/0.00
Dynamic Range Compression (RX/TX): 0.00/0.00
DND: no
Echo Cancellation:
         128 taps
         (unless TDM bridged) currently OFF
Wait for dialtone: 0ms
Actual Confinfo: Num/0, Mode/0x0000
Actual Confmute: No
Hookstate (FXS only): Offhook

dahdi show channel 4
Channel: 4
File Descriptor: 15
[...]
**

The Hookstates always say offhook for some reason, though I'm not sure why.

My setup:

  * Server running Asterisk 13.9.1, Dahdi 2.11.1 w/ OSLEC
  * Server is CentOS 7
  * Quad core CPU with 16GB Ram
  * 2 Snom 300 phones.
  * NO NAT.  Server and phone are on the same subnet with only a gigabit
    switch between them.
  * Digium AEX410P analog card with 2 incoming analog PSTN lines

Any ideas?