[asterisk-users] Delay after Answer

Brent Davidson brent at texascountrytitle.com
Tue Jun 7 09:48:04 CDT 2016

I am having an issue with a couple of phones where they ring, but there
is a long delay after the phone is picked up before the audio starts.

My setup:

  * Server running Asterisk 13.9.1, Dahdi 2.11.1 w/ OSLEC
  * Server is CentOS 7
  * Quad core CPU with 16GB Ram
  * 2 Snom 300 phones.
  * NO NAT.  Server and phone are on the same subnet with only a gigabit
    switch between them.
  * Digium TDM400 analog card with 2 incoming analog PSTN lines

When a call comes in, the system answers, IVR plays, caller dials an
extension, Snom 300 rings, handset picked up.  Caller continues to hear
ringing for another 7 to 10 seconds.  Answerer hears a click, a quick
burst of audio, then silence, then another click and audio is engaged.

I have tried both SIP and RTP debugging and there are absolutely no
messages indicating any timeout or retransmit.  I am at a total loss.
In the past I've always been able to find an answer to issues like this
on my own, but this time I just don't know.  I was even beginning to
suspect the network switch might be bad, but pinging between the server
and the phones shows no packet loss and 0.969ms average response time.

What am I missing*?*

Thanks,
Brent Davidson*
*