[asterisk-users] Removing mailbox and password prompt for voicemail

Brian Wilson brian at wildsong.biz
Sat Jul 30 11:11:26 CDT 2016

On Fri, Jul 29, 2016 at 10:43 PM, Nabeel <nabeelshikder at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am using Asterisk voicemail on a CentOS 7 server. I would like to be
> able to remove the 'mailbox' prompt and 'password' prompt when a user tries
> to access their voicemail. I can remove the 'password' prompt by not
> setting a password for the user, but the 'mailbox' prompt is always heard.
> Please let me know how Asterisk can be configured to remove these prompts.
>
> Nabeel

It sounds like you really want it to jump straight into one voicemail box
with no auth, not just removing the prompts. Try something like this

exten => *85,1,VoicemailMain(100,s)

When you dial *85, you will get voicemail for mailbox 100, and no passcode
prompt. Jumps straight into the menu "You have FOUR new messages..."

--
Brian Wilson
Wildsong