[asterisk-users] Asterisk 13 High CPU usage

ian gilmour ian.gilmour.x at gmail.com
Sun Jul 24 12:39:19 CDT 2016

The following bash 1-liner may be useful...

while true; do top -Hbc -p `pgrep asterisk` -n 1 && asterisk -rx "core show
threads"; sleep 1; done

Regards,

Ian

On 24/07/2016 13:39, Tzafrir Cohen wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 22, 2016 at 12:02:43AM +0100, Chirag Desai wrote:

>> I am not sure where to start looking in order to debug the CPU usage by
asterisk and would very much appreciate some guidance.

> If you run 'top', the basic information would be to show per-CPU
information (press '1'). Another thing to look at: press 'H' to get
per-thread entries. Do you have many many threads each taking a small part
of a core, or a few threads taking lots of CPU time? I believe that the PID
(process/thread ID) you see in top is also the second item in each line in
the output of 'core show threads'. So this could give you some clues
regarding the CPU hogs you see in top.