[asterisk-users] Asterisk 13 High CPU usage

Chirag Desai djchillerz at gmail.com
Thu Jul 21 18:02:43 CDT 2016

Hi all,

I was using 13.5 but upgraded today to 13.9 (13.10 came out a few hours
after I upgraded).

On both 13.5 and 13.9 asterisk seems to use 100% of the CPU. This usually
happens a few hours after starting asterisk. A restart of asterisk gets the
CPU back down, but only for a little while.

There asterisk box has no call traffic flowing through it, just 15 or so
registrations.

I'm sure this is not best practise but for now I am using chan_sip and
pjsip at the same time. My pjsip endpoints are using TLS.

I am not sure where to start looking in order to debug the CPU usage by
asterisk and would very much appreciate some guidance.

Kind regards,

Chirag