[asterisk-users] PJSIP_DIAL_CONTACTS issue

Carlos Chavez cursor at telecomabmex.com
Wed Jul 20 10:58:19 CDT 2016

On 7/20/16 9:58 AM, Faheem Muhammad wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm facing a strange dialplan issue with a PJSIP_DIAL_CONTACTS.
>
> When I try to call an offline endpoint with PJSIP_DIAL_CONTACTS, the
> dial command breaks and the call control go to hangup block instead of
> next priority. The error in CLI says "*Dial requires an argument
> (technology/resource)*".
> This error seems legit as there are no contacts for an offline
> endpoint. The dialplan should jump to the next priority.
>
> exten => 1001,1,Dial(${PJSIP_DIAL_CONTACTS(${EXTEN})})
> exten => 1001,2,,NoOP(${DIALSTATUS})
> exten => 1001,3,|Dial(PJSIP/mytrunk/sip:${mob||}||@10.0.0.1
> <http://10.0.0.1>||)|
>
> exten => h,1,NoOp()
> exten => h,n,NoOP(${DIALSTATUS})

> If i try to dial the same offline endpoint with the below code
> snippet, it jumps to next prirorty.
> exten => 1001,1,Dial(PJSIP/${EXTEN})
> exten => 1001,2,,NoOP(${DIALSTATUS})
> exten => 1001,3,|Dial(PJSIP/mytrunk/sip:${mob||}||@10.0.0.1
> <http://10.0.0.1>||)|
> |

> exten => h,1,NoOp()
> exten => h,n,NoOP(${DIALSTATUS})
>
> The endpoint may register from multiple device, so I always have to
> dial it all contacts. Did anyone else face such problem?

My solution to this problem was to use a gotoif and check if
PJSIP_DIAL_CONTACTS has any contacts before trying to dial, if it does
not then I skip the dial and goto the next step.  So:

exten => 1001,1,GotoIf($["${PJSIP_DIAL_CONTACTS(${EXTEN})}" = ""]?nocon)
exten => 1001,n,Dial(${PJSIP_DIAL_CONTACTS(${EXTEN})})
exten => 1001,n(nocon),SomethingElse
> --

Carlos Chávez
+52 (55)9116-91161