[asterisk-users] Impossible to use any recent asterisk version with chan_sip

Joshua Colp jcolp at digium.com
Wed Jul 6 14:46:53 CDT 2016

Leandro Dardini wrote:
> Hello,
> I'd like to know if anyone of you is finding my same problems using any
> recent asterisk version, after 13.7 / 13.8  with chan_sip.
>
> If I use any recent asterisk version, after just few seconds asterisk
> completely locks up, stopping processing SIP/UDP packets. Nothing is
> written in the asterisk log, but if I run "netstat -nap | grep 5060" I
> see the UDP buffer filled up.
>
> If I step back to asterisk 13.2, then all is fine and asterisk is rock
> solid.
>
> I know I should use PJSIP and chan_sip is no more supported, but at this
> point, if this is the working state of chan_sip, it should be completely
> removed.

I've responded on the issue but the backtrace you've provided makes it
appear as though the issue is actually in ODBC, which since chan_sip is
using it in your deployment it causes it to lock up (why exactly is
unknown).

Since it's separate you should create a new issue. If you don't want to
I can do so tomorrow. The complete console output (with debug going to
console in logger.conf and core set debug 3) as well as the
configuration would also be useful.

Cheers,

--
Joshua Colp