[asterisk-users] Impossible to use any recent asterisk version with chan_sip

Leandro Dardini ldardini at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 10:10:02 CDT 2016

Hello,
I'd like to know if anyone of you is finding my same problems using any
recent asterisk version, after 13.7 / 13.8  with chan_sip.

If I use any recent asterisk version, after just few seconds asterisk
completely locks up, stopping processing SIP/UDP packets. Nothing is
written in the asterisk log, but if I run "netstat -nap | grep 5060" I see
the UDP buffer filled up.

If I step back to asterisk 13.2, then all is fine and asterisk is rock
solid.

I know I should use PJSIP and chan_sip is no more supported, but at this
point, if this is the working state of chan_sip, it should be completely
removed.

Leandro