[asterisk-users] rasberry pi

John Novack jnovack at comcast.net
Wed Jul 6 07:13:05 CDT 2016

Another good choice for SOHO applications is an older HP Thin Client, such as a 5720. Using AstLinux on it's flash memory, 512K or 1 Gig, with 512K memory. The HP thin clients are available used, often quite inexpensive, and are already packaged.
AstLinux can be remotely managed with the GUI, which unlike other Asterisk GUI's the conf files are not modified by the GUI and can be edited "by the book"
AstLinux will NOT work with a Pi though. It is not for the ARM processor.

In a telephone collectors network, we have more than 30 nodes running, some for many years, using AstLinux and various thin clients. The HP's area nice package that can be configured and mounted to a wall and simply forgotten.
Sometimes one can be found with the PCI expansion chassis that would allow one PCI card to be added for analog or even a T1 interface.
Search AstLinux for much more information

John Novack

Thufir wrote:
> ok, that's really all I need to know. Of course, if anyone else wants to throw in their two cents, don't let me stop you :)
>

> -Thufir

>     I'm currently using Asterisk 11.7.0 on a Raspberry Pi 2 Model B with
>     Ubuntu Server 14.04.
>
>     Works fine! :-)
>
>     Frank
>
>     On Wed, 2016-07-06 at 01:10 -0700, Thufir wrote:
>     > I'm debating between a cloud PBX or, perhaps, rasberry pi.  For a
>     > SOHO, maybe three hardphones, rasberry pi would suffice?  I would be
>     > amazed, but, if so, great.
>

>     --

Dog is my Co-pilot