[asterisk-users] PJSIP Stun/ICE

Bryant Zimmerman BryantZ at zktech.com
Tue Jan 26 06:36:28 CST 2016

I have an asterisk 13 server behind NAT on a dynamic IP Address. It is
running the PJSIP Stack
 It is registering to another asterisk 13 server that is on a Static IP
outside of the firewall at a different location (also on the PJSIP Stack).

 How do we implement STUN/ICE on the server behind the dynamic Address. It
does not appear to be registering properly without knowing the NAT pubic
address.  When I manually add external_media_address and
external_signaling_address to the pjsipconfig registration seams to work,
but knowing that the IP could change really means I need some kind of
STUN/ICE similar to what we ran with chan_sip.
 I can find limited documentation on this, and what I have found does not
show how to set a stun server to make the ice_support field work on an
endpoint.

 Can anyone advise where I could find an answer to this.

 Thanks in advance for any ideas you can offer.

 Bryant