[asterisk-users] t.38 fax over IAX2?

Doug Lytle support at drdos.info
Mon Jan 25 04:27:56 CST 2016

Benoit Panizzon wrote:
> Google hints to me, that T.38 fax reception over IAX2 is possible with
> IAXMODEM. So I suppose udptl t.38 should also transparently be passed
> between SIP and IAX2. But I find no way to configure t38 on a IAX2
> channel.

This would be incorrect.

IAXMODEM does not support T.38.

I'm currently using HylaFAX+ in several of our facilities that are
connected by IAX2, what I do is to receive the incoming fax, convert to
a print stream or pdf and print the fax out to the remote 'fax printer'.

Or, I email the converted PDF to the recipient.

Doug