[asterisk-users] Asterisk Behind Firewall

IPN Comm ipncomm1 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 4 12:15:47 CST 2016

I was wondering if anyone can give me any pointers or insights of whether
or not to have an asterisk server behind a firewall.

I have always ran Asterisk on a public IP but was wondering if I should
move it to a local IP behind a firewall.

I am looking to set up a location with 300 SIP phones.

Normally, I would put the Asterisk server on one public IP and let the SIP
phones get DHCP from a router on a different IP and they would register to
the Public Asterisk server from that IP address.

Should I move the asterisk server behind the same router?

If so, how should the server be set up and what is the best router/firewall
hardware to accomplish this environment?

Thanks,
-H