[asterisk-users] load test docker images?

Jeff LaCoursiere jeff at jeff.net
Wed Feb 24 22:34:56 CST 2016

On 02/24/2016 04:49 PM, Steve Edwards wrote:
> On Fri, 19 Feb 2016, Jeff LaCoursiere wrote:
>
>> Has anyone created any docker images I might be able to use on EC2
>> for load testing an asterisk platform?  I started an instance this
>> morning and was about to load sipp and other tools, and then thought
>> surely someone must have done this already.  I'd like to hammer a
>> platform we have created with multiple EC2 images until it breaks, to
>> test capacity.
>
> I'm surprised no one has this available.
>
> If it's in your skill set, I could make use of it.

I did actually find a few docker images having to do with sipp, but all
seemed to be basically a container with sipp loaded.  Not all that
useful, as I had sipp built in about ten minutes.

I'm working on scenarios to do our load test, which at present will
involve pjsua and sipp sending audio calls through our proxy.  I'm
thinking each container will add on fifty simultaneous calls, and I will
simply start containers until I can't make an audible call myself
through the proxy.  Not the grandest plan I suppose.  Open for
suggestions :)

When I am done I will happily make the container available to the list
via our website.

Cheers,