[asterisk-users] FAX Detection.

Carlos Chavez cursor at telecomabmex.com
Wed Feb 24 16:00:44 CST 2016

On 2/24/16 12:10 PM, Aziz TestAccount wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I'm looking for a PSTN Card that I can use with my Asterisk Server to
> achieve the following goal :
>
> 1. Detect FAX signal and route it to a specific extension.
> 2. Detect an incoming call from the same PSTN line and route it to IVR.
>
> Do openvox FXO/FXS cards support this feature ? Is there any other
> brand that can be used with Asterisk and that is supporting this ?
>
> Thanks in advance.

     Fax detection is more of an Asterisk feature than the FXO card
(although some cards have hardware detection).  All DAHDI/Asterisk
compatible cards should be able to detect incoming faxes (if enabled via
their chan_dahdi.conf configuration).  I have personally tested Digium,
Sangoma, Openvox and Rhino cards and they can all detect incoming faxes
and send them to the fax extension.