[asterisk-users] Passing Caller ID through Digium Gateway

Kevin Larsen kevin.larsen at pioneerballoon.com
Fri Feb 19 12:11:08 CST 2016

> Hi All,
>
> I've setup a Digium G100 VoIP gateway to replace an internal PCI VoIP
> card in our Asterisk PBX.  When using the VoIP card the callerid entries

> listed in sip.conf were displayed when calling someone over the PSTN.
> Now, however, though the gateway it just displays the default number
> assigned to our PRI.  I'm wondering if anyone having experience with the

> Digium gateways can point me in the right direction to have the gateway
> respect the callerid entries listed in sip.conf.  We are using an older
> Asterisk 1.6 build.

We use G100 and 200s at a few of our sites and caller id passes through
just fine. Check under Configuration -> call routing rules to make sure
you don't have a caller ID name and number set in there. You have to take
it off of Simple Entry Mode to see the options.

Also, on your SIP Endopoint configuration, under the call settings tab,
make sure you have your Caller ID Presentation set correctly. From the
help on that option:

Caller ID Presentation:Handles Caller ID presentation on outgoing calls.
Allow for prohibiting Caller ID presentation, and defines whether the
information has been screened by an authoritative source. Options other
than screening, allowed, and prohibited indicate that the Caller ID was
provided by the network.