[asterisk-users] No matching endpoint found for incoming call from SIP trunk

Sonny Rajagopalan sonny.rajagopalan at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 22:24:16 CST 2016

OK, I fixed it.  Here's what I did:

Well, I first saw a lot of errors  like this when Asterisk starts up (CLI
messages immediately upon startup):

[Feb 18 22:47:44] ERROR[5749]: netsock2.c:305 ast_sockaddr_resolve:
getaddrinfo("sillyapp.pstn.twilio.com;transport=tcp", "(null)", ...): Name
or service not known
[Feb 18 22:47:44] ERROR[5749]: res_pjsip_endpoint_identifier_ip.c:186
ip_identify_match_handler: Address 'sillyapp.pstn.twilio.com;transport=tcp'
provided on ip endpoint identifier 'twilio-siptrunk-identify' did not
resolve to any address
[Feb 18 22:47:44] ERROR[5749]: config_options.c:720 aco_process_var: Error
parsing match=sillyapp.pstn.twilio.com;transport=tcp at line 0 of
[Feb 18 22:47:44] ERROR[5749]: res_pjsip_config_wizard.c:329 create_object:
Unable to apply object type 'identify' with id 'twilio-siptrunk-identify'.
Check preceeding errors.

However, I _am_ able to resolve them from the host (and yes, the ports to
twilio are open too):

$ nslookup sillyapp.pstn.twilio.com
Server:         172.31.0.2
Address:        172.31.0.2#53

Non-authoritative answer:
Name:   sillyapp.pstn.twilio.com
Address: 54.172.60.1
Name:   sillyapp.pstn.twilio.com
Address: 54.172.60.2
Name:   sillyapp.pstn.twilio.com
Address: 54.172.60.3
Name:   sillyapp.pstn.twilio.com
Address: 54.172.60.0

What I finally did to fix this is

[twilio-siptrunk]
type = wizard
sends_auth = yes
sends_registrations = no
remote_hosts = sillyapp.pstn.twilio.com
server_uri_pattern = sip:${REMOTE_HOST}\;transport=tcp
client_uri_pattern = sip:${REMOTE_HOST}\;transport=tcp
contact_pattern = sip:${REMOTE_HOST}\;transport=tcp
outbound_auth/username = gobble
outbound_auth/password = degookdegook
endpoint/context = from-external
endpoint/disallow = all
endpoint/allow = ulaw
aor/qualify_frequency = 15

(Note, if you recall my earlier post/question on this list, I removed the
fix from that post (\;transport=tcp from remote_hosts) and stuck the fixes
you propose in *_uri_pattern etc.)

Now, I do see the identifies in pjsip show endpoint twilio-siptrunk:

   Identify:  twilio-siptrunk-identify/twilio-siptrunk
        Match: 54.172.60.1/32
        Match: 54.172.60.2/32
        Match: 54.172.60.3/32
        Match: 54.172.60.0/32

And my incoming and outgoing calls via twilio work.

Phew!

Thanks again, George. You are a lifesaver!

On Thu, Feb 18, 2016 at 10:44 PM, George Joseph <george.joseph at fairview5.com