[asterisk-users] Asterisk 13.6.0/The simplest TCP configuration does not work

Sonny Rajagopalan sonny.rajagopalan at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 09:09:12 CST 2016

George,

May I propose we improve the documentation on the Asterisk Wiki? I thought
I would have spent far less time here (though you folks have been mightily
helpful, and thanks again!) should the documentation for the TCP transport
be improved in both the Wiki and specifically, in
${ASTERISK_HOME}/configs/samples/, bundled as part of the code. I want to
see Asterisk as a product succeed (even more) and Asterisk in its new
version succeed wildly.

I don't know if you folks allow outside developers to pitch in, but
depending on a number of factors, I might contribute to
https://gerrit.asterisk.org/ if that is within Asterisk's policy. Again,
depending on a number of factors, including legal.

Here, specifically, is the list of improvements I propose:

(a) One full example showing how a TCP based Asterisk platform should work
in the PJSIP world, including both SIP over TCP-compliant SIP trunk
configuration using pjsip_wizard.conf
(b) One complete example reflected in the distributed code samples within
Asterisk code, in ${ASTERISK_HOME}/configs/samples/.
(c) A full SIP trace for Asterisk, the working examples, for all manner of
transports (UDP, TCP, TLS), for REGISTER, INVITE etc.

Hope this helps.

Thanks again!