[asterisk-users] Asterisk 13 and WebRTC. Is wiki page still valid ?

Olivier oza.4h07 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 08:36:23 CST 2016

> Is it implied here that both HTTPS and WSS must also come from the same
>> server (Same Origin Policy) ?
>>
> No, the same origin policy does not apply to web sockets.
>
> Then, can I also install my own WebRTC demo page on my own private
>> Asterisk server and access this demo page through HTTPS ?
>> If I'm not mistaken, this should fulfill all requirements.
>>
> It doesn't matter where the asterisk server is hosted. It is important
> where the web application comes from. If you don't want to use https and
> wss you only have the option to host the web app locally (on the same
> machine as the browser that loads the page), which probably makes sense
> only for development. Otherwise you have to use https and wss for the
> reasons discussed earlier.
>
> Hope it helps.

At least, it helped me to realize I still have several more things to learn
;-)

My setup is the following:
- an asterisk server,
- a PC,
- asterisk server and PC are installed on the same LAN
- sipM5 live demo outside my LAN
- no NAT/PAT configuration allowing incoming communications from the
outside.

Is using sipML live demo as a way to rapidly test private Asterisk WebRTC
capabilies, something achievable ?
What would keep this from working ?