[asterisk-users] Problem compiling res_fax_spandsp.c on Debian server.

Richard Mudgett rmudgett at digium.com
Wed Feb 17 18:28:25 CST 2016

On Wed, Feb 17, 2016 at 5:56 PM, Ernie Dunbar <maillist at lightspeed.ca>
wrote:

> On 2016-02-17 15:32, Richard Mudgett wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Feb 17, 2016 at 5:15 PM, Ernie Dunbar <maillist at lightspeed.ca>
>> wrote:
>>
>> Hi everyone.
>>>
>>> We have an Asterisk server running Debian Squeeze, with Asterisk
>>> v1.8.13.1 (basically, the Debian Stable version for Squeeze, but
>>> with some minor source code changes specific to our site). We're
>>> trying to upgrade to 11.13.1 (The Debian Stable version for Jessie),
>>> but I've run into a snag when compiling res_fax_spandsp (and yes, we
>>> really need that module). The old version has been working, and was
>>> compiled on this same machine with this same operating system. This
>>> is the error I get when doing the make:
>>>
>>> [CC] res_fax_spandsp.c -> res_fax_spandsp.o
>>> res_fax_spandsp.c: In function ‘spandsp_v21_new’:
>>> res_fax_spandsp.c:487:52: error:
>>> ‘MODEM_CONNECT_TONES_FAX_CED_OR_PREAMBLE’ undeclared (first use
>>> in this function)
>>>

>> This is defined by spandsp itself in one of its headers.  Have you
>> installed the spandsp dev package?
>>
>> Richard
>>

> Yes, but it's occurred to me that I'm not using the latest version of the
> Debian spandsp-dev package.
>
> However, at the same time, I'm not exactly compiling the latest version of
> Asterisk 11 either. Is it that big of a deal, or should I try to pin the
> package from the next version of Debian?

The change that started using the define was made on Dec 28, 2011 to
improve V.21
preamble detection.  (Git change fdda4947767a5c0ee2424532ff5f01250797175d )
The spandsp version that compiles on my system is 0.0.6~pre12-1
Maybe you have remnants of an older version of spandsp still installed.

Richard