[asterisk-users] Problem compiling res_fax_spandsp.c on Debian server.

Ernie Dunbar maillist at lightspeed.ca
Wed Feb 17 17:15:42 CST 2016

Hi everyone.

We have an Asterisk server running Debian Squeeze, with Asterisk
v1.8.13.1 (basically, the Debian Stable version for Squeeze, but with
some minor source code changes specific to our site). We're trying to
upgrade to 11.13.1 (The Debian Stable version for Jessie), but I've run
into a snag when compiling res_fax_spandsp (and yes, we really need that
module). The old version has been working, and was compiled on this same
machine with this same operating system. This is the error I get when
doing the make:

    [CC] res_fax_spandsp.c -> res_fax_spandsp.o
res_fax_spandsp.c: In function ‘spandsp_v21_new’:
res_fax_spandsp.c:487:52: error:
‘MODEM_CONNECT_TONES_FAX_CED_OR_PREAMBLE’ undeclared (first use in this
function)
res_fax_spandsp.c:487:52: note: each undeclared identifier is reported
only once for each function it appears in
res_fax_spandsp.c: In function ‘spandsp_fax_gateway_start’:
res_fax_spandsp.c:819:36: error: ‘t38_gateway_state_t’ has no member
named ‘t38’
res_fax_spandsp.c:870:43: error: ‘t38_gateway_state_t’ has no member
named ‘t38’
res_fax_spandsp.c:870:83: error: ‘t38_gateway_state_t’ has no member
named ‘t38’
make[1]: *** [res_fax_spandsp.o] Error 1
make: *** [res] Error 2

It sounds like I need a library that doesn't exist on this system, but I
can't find anything in the includes for this file that would suggest
that something is missing.