[asterisk-users] 1000 analogue lines with asterisk

Harry McGregor hmcgregor at biggeeks.org
Wed Feb 17 01:32:09 CST 2016

Hi,

For analog, I really like telco grade channel banks.

I would recommend the adit 600, there is a good market on Ebay, and you
can do 48 channels per adit 600, with 2 T1 interfaces.  Having onsite
spares would not be an issue (cost is low).  You can put two next to
each other in a rack, taking up about 2U of space per 2 channel banks.

You could service this with six eight port T1 cards, or with
eleven/twelve quad T1 cards.  I would distribute across two, three, or
even four servers for redundancy/resiliency and load balancing.

-Harry