[asterisk-users] Multiple protocols for transport in PJSIP

Joshua Colp jcolp at digium.com
Mon Feb 15 13:08:49 CST 2016

Carlos Chavez wrote:
> On 2/15/16 12:50 PM, Joshua Colp wrote:
>> Carlos Chavez wrote:
>>> Is it possible to use serveral protocols for a single transport section
>>> in pjsip.con? In sip.conf you could use transport=udp,ws,wss so you
>>> cound use webrtc along with your phones but if I try:
>>>
>>> [transport-udp]
>>> type=transport
>>> protocol=udp,ws,wss
>>> bind=0.0.0.0
>>
>> No, each transport is for a specific protocol. You can have multiple.
>>
> And how is this accomplished? If I put an extra transport section in
> pjsip.conf it does not show with "pjsip show transports", I only see the
> first. I also get an error in the log file:
>
> [Feb 15 12:42:36] VERBOSE[4377] loader.c: Loading
> res_pjsip_transport_websocket.so.
> [Feb 15 12:42:36] VERBOSE[4377] loader.c:
> res_pjsip_transport_websocket.so => (PJSIP WebSocket Transport Support)
> [Feb 15 12:52:42] DEBUG[5793] res_sorcery_config.c: Using bucket size of
> '1' for objects of type 'transport' from 'pjsip.conf'
> [Feb 15 12:52:42] ERROR[5793] res_sorcery_config.c: Could not create an
> object of type 'transport' with id 'transport-ws' from configuration
> file 'pjsip.conf'

Without the precise configuration it's hard to answer, but in the case
of the Websocket one you don't need to create a transport. Provided
chan_sip doesn't have it enabled and loaded first then it will be
available when res_pjsip_transport_websocket is loaded.

--
Joshua Colp