[asterisk-users] Voicemail issue on Grandstream GXP2000 phones

Richard Schroeder rschroe at gmail.com
Tue Feb 9 11:57:14 CST 2016

Perhaps this is not limited to Grandstream GXP 2000 phones, but those are
the phones we are using.

Using FreePBX.

Retrieving a voice message (*97) works fine from Line 1.
Retrieving a voice message (*98) and picking the extension (Comedian mail)
works fine from Line 1.

>From Line 3, it does not recognize the password. (*97 or *98). The
extension is installed on Line 3. Retrieving Line 3's voice messages can
only be done from Line 1 (on any extension on the PBX). Line 3 seems to
work fine otherwise.

Is this a limitation, or is it some kind of setup issue?
I can't seem to find anything in the documentation for the phone or FreePBX
related to this issue.

Anyone? This is frustrating and I will be grateful for any help.

Thank you!

Richard

--
Richard C. Schroeder