[asterisk-users] NAT traversal for mobile app softphones - best strategy?

Mon Feb 8 05:29:34 CST 2016

Hi

On Fri, 2016-02-05 at 00:44 +0000, Kevin Long wrote:

> My asterisk systems sit behind a Meraki mx80 firewall at a data
> center.  I use static public IPs on the firewall and port forward
> 5060,5061, and 10,000-20,000 so the clients can connect.

> Given this scenario, I’m hoping for advice on the best strategy

I have the same situation and with the following sip.conf settings,
everything works fine.

[general]
externip= 12.34.56.78
localnet = 192.168.10.0/255.255.255.0
nat=force_rport,comedia
bindport=5060
bindaddr=0.0.0.0
srvlookup=no
dtmfmode=rfc2833
canreinvite=no
disallow=all
allow=alaw
allow=ulaw
tcpenable=yes

Here the configuration for a mobile device with a softphone (Android and
Zoiper)

;Mobile phone
[mobile1]
type=peer