[asterisk-users] Nube question: where is chan_sip.so?

Peter Wallis pwallis at acm.org
Sun Feb 7 04:29:11 CST 2016

I am having real trouble getting started.  A definitive "hello world" is
certainly missing from the official site and the ones out there are dated
or broken.

I am beginning to think something went wrong with the install.  It was a
fresh install of an  Ubuntu server, and a fresh install of 13.7.0 - Should
be Okay no?

A question.  Am I expecting to find chan_sip.so in
/usr/lib/asterisk/modules/ ?

If so, it is not there - no idea how I would have lost it.  We do have a
new cat - perhaps she ate it.

If I ought not expect to find it there, why does
[modules]
require =chan_sip.so
and/or
require = res_pjsip.so
cause asterisk to fail to start? The documentation makes no mention of an
alternate method of loading modules.

best wishes,