[asterisk-users] Asterisk 13.7.0 Pickup with namedcallgroup/namedpickupgroup

John Kiniston johnkiniston at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 12:27:44 CST 2016

On Tue, Feb 2, 2016 at 11:11 AM, Richard Mudgett <rmudgett at digium.com>
wrote:

> Since you didn't specify the channel driver, I took a quick look at the
> chan_dahdi, chan_sip, and chan_pjsip channel drivers to see if they
> set any default groups.  I didn't see any of those channel drivers set
> default pickup groups.  Somewhere in your config files the groups are
> being set.to 1.  You need to look at your config files for the specific
> channel driver.  Alternatively, you should be able to clear a configured
> group by setting it to the empty string.

Whoops, I should have specified that yes sorry, chan_sip.

I took a second look at my configuration and realized I was applying a
template to the peers where I foolishly specified both callgroup and
pickupgroup as 1.

Now that I've cleared those settings from the template the sip peers no
longer have them and it looks like the behavior of the features based *8 is
doing what I want now, Excellent!

Thank you so much for your help Richard.