[asterisk-users] how to add area code to outgoing number in Asterisk 13.13

Motty Cruz motty.cruz at gmail.com
Thu Dec 29 12:44:04 CST 2016

Hi, my SIP provider requires 10 digits for all outgoing calls; Users dial 7
digits for outgoing.  Here is how I added the area code to all outgoing
calls in Asterisk 1.8

Extensions.conf

; Adding Area code and striping 7 for local numbers

exten => _7XXXXXXX,n,Set(CALLERID(all)="My ID" <number>)

exten => _7XXXXXXX,n,Dial(SIP/mySIPprovider/1731${EXTEN:1},80)

This syntax does not work in Asterisk 13.13. has anybody dealt with this
issue?

Thanks
Motty