[asterisk-users] Asterisk installation script on CentOS7 with systemd [SOLVED]

Olivier oza.4h07 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 10:10:42 CST 2016

> Le 19/12/2016 à 15:54, Olivier a écrit :
>
> Hello,
>
> For a new project, I'm adapting existing installation script to CentOS 7.
> I must admit I don't understand how to adapt things to systemd.
>
> Here are my questions:
>
> 1. I don't see any systemd sub-directory in asterisk-13.13.1/contrib.
> Do you think such directory and matching Makefile target could be useful ?
>
> 2. Should /run/asterisk directory creation be left to systemd or done by
> installation script before running "systemctl start asterisk"  ?
>
> 3. I edited the following /etc/systemd/system:asterisk.service file:
> [Unit]
> Description=Asterisk PBX and telephony daemon.
> After=network.target
>
> [Service]
> Type=forking
> PIDFile=/var/run/asterisk/asterisk.pid
> Environment=HOME=/var/lib/asterisk
> WorkingDirectory=/var/lib/asterisk
> ExecStart=/usr/sbin/asterisk -vvvgF -U asterisk -G asterisk -C
> /etc/asterisk/asterisk.conf
> #ExecStart=/usr/sbin/asterisk -vvvgF -C /etc/asterisk/asterisk.conf
> ExecStop=/usr/sbin/asterisk -rx 'core stop now'
> ExecReload=/usr/sbin/asterisk -rx 'core reload'
>

> [Install]
> WantedBy=multi-user.target
>
> Running systemctl start asterisk fails with :
> Dec 19 15:43:08 foobar systemd: PID file /var/run/asterisk/asterisk.pid
> not readable (yet?) after start.
> Dec 19 15:43:09 foobar systemd: asterisk.service: main process exited,
> code=exited, status=1/FAILURE
> Dec 19 15:43:09 foobar asterisk: Unable to connect to remote asterisk
> (does /var/run/asterisk/asterisk.ctl exist?)
> Dec 19 15:43:09 foobar systemd: asterisk.service: control process exited,
> code=exited status=1
> Dec 19 15:43:09 foobar systemd: Unit asterisk.service entered failed state.
> Dec 19 15:43:09 foobar systemd: asterisk.service failed.
>

> But /usr/sbin/asterisk -vvvgF -U asterisk -G asterisk -C
> /etc/asterisk/asterisk.conf succeeds:
> # rasterisk
> Asterisk 13.13.1, Copyright (C) 1999 - 2014, Digium, Inc. and others.
> Running as user 'asterisk'
> Running under group 'asterisk'
> Connected to Asterisk 13.13.1 currently running on ...
>
> Any hint or help on how to debug this ?
> (I tried with and without any /run/asterisk directory owned by
> asterisk.asterisk)
>

> Best regards
>

> Hello,
>
> Make sure that selinux is disabled, or in "permissive" mode. Otherwise it
> will prevent asterisk from starting.

Thanks for the tip:
changing to permissive mode made it !

Using methods suggested in [1], do you think its possible and worth the
effort to configure SELinux to work with Asterisk/Systemd in Enforcing mode
?
A quick look in various tuto all disable SELinux.

[1] https://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/SELinux