[asterisk-users] What to do when changing from one asterisk version to another ?

Richard Mudgett rmudgett at digium.com
Thu Dec 8 12:56:17 CST 2016

On Thu, Dec 8, 2016 at 11:38 AM, Olivier <oza.4h07 at gmail.com> wrote:

>> Hello,
>>
>> I'm compiling Asterisk from source on Debian systems.
>>
>> I'm currently writing a script I'm planning to launch when upgrading from
>> one Asterisk version to another one within the same class (from 13.4.0 to
>> 13.12.0 or from 13.12.0 to 13.8.0, for instance).
>>
>> Reading [1], I thought the following would work:
>> cd /usr/src/asterisk-13.4.0
>> ./configure
>> make
>> make install
>> cd /usr/src/asterisk-13.4.0
>> make dist-clean
>>
>> After running above commands, /usr/sbin/asterisk and
>> /usr/lib/asterisk/modules/*.so files still exist.
>> I would expect both /usr/sbin/asterisk and /usr/lib/asterisk/modules/*.so
>> filesto be removed so that if I newly installed asterisk instance wouldn't
>> inherit uncontrolled files.
>>
>> I also tried with make clean and make uninstall with the same result but
>> I may have missed some steps during my trials.
>>

> Correcting myself, make uninstall seems to be what I was after for
> Asterisk itself.
> I'm still searching for the equivalent make target for pjproject.

pjproject has a make uninstall target as well.

Since v13.8, Asterisk has a --with-pjproject-bundled option [1].  This will
configure, build,
and statically link with pjproject to give better integration with
Asterisk.  It also applies a
few backported fixes to the pjproject version used.

Richard

[1] https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Building+and+Inst
alling+Asterisk