[asterisk-users] What to do when changing from one asterisk version to another ?

Olivier oza.4h07 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 8 11:23:15 CST 2016

Hello,

I'm compiling Asterisk from source on Debian systems.

I'm currently writing a script I'm planning to launch when upgrading from
one Asterisk version to another one within the same class (from 13.4.0 to
13.12.0 or from 13.12.0 to 13.8.0, for instance).

Reading [1], I thought the following would work:
cd /usr/src/asterisk-13.4.0
./configure
make
make install
cd /usr/src/asterisk-13.4.0
make dist-clean

After running above commands, /usr/sbin/asterisk and
/usr/lib/asterisk/modules/*.so files still exist.
I would expect both /usr/sbin/asterisk and /usr/lib/asterisk/modules/*.so
filesto be removed so that if I newly installed asterisk instance wouldn't
inherit uncontrolled files.

I also tried with make clean and make uninstall with the same result but I
may have missed some steps during my trials.

Before diving deeper, are my expectations correct ?

Best regards

[1]
https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Building+and+Installing+Asterisk