[asterisk-users] Recommended change to pjproject config_site.h

George Joseph gjoseph at digium.com
Wed Dec 7 06:36:05 CST 2016

"*A problem was reported to the Asterisk project where transactions were
not **found when they should have been [1].  In the issue an incoming
INVITE transaction is CANCELed but the INVITE transaction cannot be found
so a 481 response is returned for the CANCEL.  The problematic calls have a
'_' **character in the Via branch parameter. *"
--Credit: Richard Mudgett

In the next Asterisk release, we have disabled PJ_HASH_USE_OWN_TOLOWER in
the bundled pjproject's config_site.h file.  If you build or package
pjproject yourself, we suggest you do the same.  We've also updated the
wiki[2] page.

/*
 * Do not ever enable PJ_HASH_USE_OWN_TOLOWER because the algorithm is
 * inconsistently used when calculating the hash value and doesn't
 * convert the same characters as pj_tolower()/tolower().  Thus you
 * can get different hash values if the string hashed has certain
 * characters in it.  (ASCII '@', '[', '\\', ']', '^', and '_')
 */
#undef PJ_HASH_USE_OWN_TOLOWER

[1] https://issues.asterisk.org/jira/browse/ASTERISK-26490