[asterisk-users] Asterisk Can't start with the default configs

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Wed Dec 7 06:31:14 CST 2016

On Sun, Dec 04, 2016 at 08:00:45PM +0100, Mr Dini wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I tried to run the make progdocs, but the first time, it said, I have no
> doxygen installed. So I compiled the latest release and reconfigure the
> asterisk. And after it, ut sucessfully started to build the docs. But it
> took a lot of time, So finally I aborted the process...
>
> Is there a way to disable doc creating? The --disable-xmldoc is enough?

I must be missing something here. Isn't 'progdoc' an optional target?

The relevant XML documentation is doc/core-en_US.xml, which is generated
unconditionaly in the build and using awk, shell and make.

Another note: it is installed to the astdatadir. Which is indeed by
default var/lib/asterisk, but may have different values (build time or
set at run time in asterisk.conf).

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com