[asterisk-users] new inbound DID provider... no auth?

Max Grobecker max.grobecker at ml.grobecker.info
Tue Dec 6 17:27:34 CST 2016

Hi,

That's right - you just need to define a peer with a static IP address and "type=peer" to assign incoming calls to a peer name and apply
the corresponding configuration (e.g. codecs).
To make your configuration less redundant you can use templates in your peer definition
(at least for chan_sip, I'm not sure if the same syntax applies on chan_pjsip).

Example:

-----------------------------------

;; All configuration made to this peer will be applied to all childs of this definition
[your-did-provider](!)
type=peer
allow=ulaw,alaw,g722

;; This peer derives all other configuration from "your-did-provider",
;; then your local changes are applied and can override the derived ones.
[your-did-provider-gw1](your-did-provider)
host=1.2.3.4

[your-did-provider-gw2](your-did-provider)
host=1.2.3.5

That's the shortest thing I can imagine at the moment.
At least, with this way of definition you only need to do changes on one single point, not for every gateway IP.