[asterisk-users] Cisco IP 8841 asterisk integration

Toshaan Bharvani | VanTosh toshaan at vantosh.com
Tue Dec 6 02:10:49 CST 2016

On 05/12/16 17:57, Gopalakrishnan N wrote:
> True agree, problem is somehow the people purchased.... am supporting to
> overcome that.     Trying level best... around 20 phones has been
> purchased....
I have been able to use the following Cisco IP Phone with Asterisk.
- Cisco SPA303, Cisco SPA504, Cisco 7941 and Cisco 8941
The SPA version just work as they are real SIP clients, however the IP
range, 7xxx, 8xxx, 9xxx are SCCP clients, converting them as you did to
SIP clients, is the Cisco SIP client and runs over TCP, not UDP as a
normal SIP client.
Coming back to your question, you will need to setup a DHCP with BOOTP
and TFTP wit XML distribution, as you have done for the firmware
distribution and Asterisk needs to have SIP wit TCP support.
Additionnaly you need to generate a Cisco SIP XML configuration file and
place it on your TFTP server with the MAC address.
The directory and video I have never been able to get working, however
as a SIP client, it works fine.
I have these phones running with a number of customers in production and
they all work, we actually mix types of phones, as not to require
customers to purchase new IP phones, however sometimes the effort and
time, which translates into cost, is too high.

> 😔😔
>

> On Mon, 5 Dec 2016, 8:55 p.m. Victor Villarreal, <mefhigoseth at gmail.com
> <mailto:mefhigoseth at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     With all the money you plan to invest in firmware, licenses, etc.,
>     you have bought a Grandstream IP phone or Yealink...
Better still use a Raspberry Pi as a IP Softphone, or your Android phone
with SIP client.