[asterisk-users] Multiple phones when one is unregistered

Willy Offermans asterisk at Offermans.Rompen.nl
Tue Aug 30 09:34:30 CDT 2016

Dear D'Arcy J.M. Cain and asterisk friends,

On Tue, Aug 30, 2016 at 09:56:05AM -0400, D'Arcy J.M. Cain wrote:
> I have an extension that looks like this:
>
> exten => 5555551111,1,Verbose(Door buzzer calling)
>   same => n,Dial(SIP/user1&SIP/user2&SIP/user3)
>
> The idea is that any of the three users can answer the phone to let
> someone in.  The problem is that if, say, user2 unplugs his phone then
> the call immediately goes to his voice mail and the other two do not
> have the ability to open the door.
>
> Is there any way to direct only to phones in a list that are currently
> registered?  I am sure that I can write a rather convoluted extension
> to check for registrations and create a dial command but I am hoping
> that there is an easier way so that I can create these types of
> extensions for other clients easily as well as being able to add and
> remove destinations quickly.

To my opinion, you need a queue with dynamic agents.

SIP/userX subscribes and checkouts manually, or better SIP/userX adds to
the specific queue at the moment she or he registers to the system. I know
how to do the former, but I would like to know about the latter. If someone
could comment on that, I would highly appreciate.

--
Met vriendelijke groeten,
With kind regards,

Will