[asterisk-users] TLS problem

Stefan Tichy asterisk3 at pi4tel.de
Sun Aug 28 16:50:59 CDT 2016

On Fri, Aug 26, 2016 at 12:36:05PM +0200, hw wrote:
> Jonathan H schrieb:
> >Well, what immediately stands out is:
> >"FILE * open failed!"
>
> Yes, and it doesn´t say which file cannot be opened.  I even looked at
> the source and found that at that point, you can´t simply add some
> debugging output to find out.

It is not a file on your computers disk. It is a connection attempt
from one of your phones. If a phone is configured to use tcp without
tls and connect to the port used for tls (default 5061) you will see
a message like this. (just an example - different situation here)

"WARNING[1170]: tcptls.c:673 handle_tcptls_connection ..."

Handle ... connection ...

"Problem setting up ssl connection: error:00000000:lib(0):func(0):reason(0)"

ERR_get_error returns 0 if there is no error in the queue. According
to the description [1] this may happen and it would be possible to
find out more about the error.

Try to connect using "openssl s_client".

1) https://www.openssl.org/docs/manmaster/ssl/SSL_get_error.html

--
Stefan Tichy  ( asterisk3 at pi4tel dot de )