[asterisk-users] Blacklist callers from file

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Sun Aug 28 11:51:49 CDT 2016

Please don't top-post.

On Sun, 28 Aug 2016, john wrote:

> Script seems good, but i am stuck on how to make it.

Sounds like time for a bit of reading.

The AGI protocol is simple. You give Asterisk a request. You get a
response. It's all text based and you can enable AGI debug mode and watch
the 'conversation' on the console.

There are lots of examples on the net.

You can pick any language you're comfortable with. Save yourself a lot of
frustration and use an existing AGI library.

For your needs, your AGI may be as simple as:

) Read the AGI environment if your library does not do it automagically.

) Look for the ANI/caller ID in your text file (or database).

) Either set a channel variable (like AGISTATUS) or set the
context/extension/priority. I've written AGIs both ways. I think setting a
channel variable makes for more reusable code.

--
Thanks in advance,