[asterisk-users] No ringback heard

Richard Mudgett rmudgett at digium.com
Thu Aug 25 14:50:54 CDT 2016

On Thu, Aug 25, 2016 at 2:14 PM, Saint Michael <venefax at gmail.com> wrote:

> I dial two destination like this
>
> Dial(PJSIP/endpoint1/sip:${EXTEN}@${IPA}&PJSIP/endpoint1/sip:${EXTEN}@
> ${IPB})
>
> But I need the audio from one of them to be heard by the caller.
> None gets heard. I switch the order but nothing.
> How I get the audio for  one in particular?

You cannot.

In the general case, forked dials like that cannot pass any early media
back to the caller
because you would need to mix any early media from the two (or more)
outgoing
channels.  In addition, any mixed audio would be confusing.  Imaging
hearing "an all
circuits are busy" recording while at the same time hearing overlapping
ringback tones from
several other channels.

In specific cases, you are talking about a new feature which requires a
code change.

If what you want is ringback with a recording interspersed at intervals,
you can create a
music-on-hold class and have the caller hear that instead.

Richard