[asterisk-users] Dial and start music on hold after timeout

David Duffett dduffett at digium.com
Wed Aug 24 02:52:15 CDT 2016

Yes, sorry, my idea was too simplistic, as it did not take into account
that the caller would already be hearing the ringing and therefore the
announcement would need to be somehow mixed with that ringing...

On 24 August 2016 at 08:27, Jean Aunis <jean.aunis at prescom.fr> wrote:

> Using Progress didn't solve the problem. If I cannot find another way, I
> will use your solution of recording the ring tone.
>
> Le 23/08/2016 à 20:53, Israel Gottlieb a écrit :
>
> Maybe try progress() instead of answer ()
>
> בתאריך 23 באוג׳ 2016 7:19 PM,‏ "Jean Aunis" <jean.aunis at prescom.fr> כתב:
>
>> Thank you, I just tried your suggestion. Strangely, the announcement is
>> played only if I try to dial a SIP peer which is not available (not
>> registered to be more precise). If the SIP peer is available, I only get
>> the ring tone, and never hear the announcement. Here is the dialplan (I had
>> to add an Answer() before the Dial, otherwise the announcement is never
>> played, even in the first case) :
>>
>> exten = 007,1,Answer()
>> same  = n,Dial(SIP/foo&Local/s at playme,40)
>>
>> [playme]
>> exten = s,1,Ringing()
>> same  = n,Wait(10)
>> same  = n,Playback(/var/lib/asterisk/sounddir/announce,noanswer)
>> When it is working, I can see the following output in the CLI, which is
>> not there otherwise :
>> -- SIP/xxxxxxxxx requested media update control 26, passing it to
>> Local/s at playme-000005be;1
>>
>> Otherwise, no error message, Asterisk tells he is playing the
>> announcement but I don't hear it.
>>
>> Best regards
>>
>> Jean Aunis
>>

> --
>
> Join the Asterisk Community at the 13th AstriCon, September 27-29, 2016
>       http://www.asterisk.org/community/astricon-user-conference
>
> New to Asterisk? Start here:
>
> asterisk-users mailing list

[image: Digium logo]
*David Duffett*
Digium, Inc. · Director, Worldwide Asterisk Community
6 Landscape Close · Weston on the Green · Bicester · Oxfordshire OX25 3SX ·
UK
direct/fax: +1 256 428 6119 · mobile: +44 7722 442236
twitter: dduffett · linkedin: www.linkedin.com/in/davidduffett
Check us out at: http://digium.com · http://asterisk.org
<http://www.asterisk.org/>