[asterisk-users] Dial and start music on hold after timeout

Jean Aunis jean.aunis at prescom.fr
Tue Aug 23 11:19:18 CDT 2016

Thank you, I just tried your suggestion. Strangely, the announcement is
played only if I try to dial a SIP peer which is not available (not
registered to be more precise). If the SIP peer is available, I only get
the ring tone, and never hear the announcement. Here is the dialplan (I
had to add an Answer() before the Dial, otherwise the announcement is
never played, even in the first case) :

exten = 007,1,Answer()
same  = n,Dial(SIP/foo&Local/s at playme,40)

[playme]
exten = s,1,Ringing()
same  = n,Wait(10)
same  = n,Playback(/var/lib/asterisk/sounddir/announce,noanswer)

When it is working, I can see the following output in the CLI, which is
not there otherwise :
-- SIP/xxxxxxxxx requested media update control 26, passing it to
Local/s at playme-000005be;1

Otherwise, no error message, Asterisk tells he is playing the
announcement but I don't hear it.

Best regards

Jean Aunis