[asterisk-users] Dial and start music on hold after timeout

John Kiniston johnkiniston at gmail.com
Mon Aug 22 10:42:27 CDT 2016

This seems like the obvious answer but maybe I'm misunderstanding the
question.

exten => s,1,Dial(SIP/alice,20)
 same =>   n,Playback(myannouncement)
 same =>   n,NoOP(Whatever else you want to do goes here)

On Mon, Aug 22, 2016 at 8:36 AM, Jean Aunis <jean.aunis at prescom.fr> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am searching a way to dial a SIP peer, and if it does not answer within
> 20 seconds, play an announcement to the caller. This means that the caller
> would hear a ring tone for 20 seconds, and only then hear the announcement
> if the callee did not answer.
>
> I know it is possible to do this with ARI, but in this particular case I
> do not want to use ARI. I would like to do this purely with dialplan and
> AGI scripts, but I cannot find a way. I have read about the "m" option of
> Dial application, but it starts the announcement immediately, whereas I
> would like to start it after 20 seconds of timeout.
>
> Does anybody have an idea ?
>
> Best regards,
>
> Jean Aunis
>

> --

a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts,
build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders,
cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure,
program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
Specialization is for insects.
---Heinlein