[asterisk-users] PJSIP not detected

Matthew Jordan mjordan at digium.com
Thu Aug 11 14:24:39 CDT 2016

On Thu, Aug 11, 2016 at 2:08 PM, Saint Michael <venefax at gmail.com> wrote:
> I installed PJSIP from the project
> git clone https://github.com/asterisk/pjproject pjproject
> cd pjproject
> make uninstall & make distclean
> ./configure --libdir=/usr/lib64 --prefix=/ --enable-shared --disable-sound
> --disable-resample --disable-video --disable-opencore-amr
> --with-external-srtp
> make dep && make && make install && ldconfig && ldconfig -p | grep pj
>
> and it is there, but the configure for Asterisk 13.11.0-rc1 does not detect
> it and it cannot compile it.
> What am I doing wrong? The box is Ubuntu 14.04 LTS

Asterisk uses pkg-config to find pjproject. You can test if pkg-config
can find pjproject by running the following:

$ pkg-config --exists --print-errors libpjproject

If you don't see any error messages after that, then pkg-config is all
good. If you do see a bunch of errors, than that would explain why
Asterisk can't find pjproject.

In the case that you *do* see error messages, you'll need to inform
pkg-config of the location of the libpjproject.pc file. Some
instructions to help with that can be found on the wiki here:

https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Building+and+Installing+pjproject#BuildingandInstallingpjproject-Troubleshooting

--
Matthew Jordan
Digium, Inc. | CTO