[asterisk-users] chan_pjsip ignoring endpoint device state (qualify) on dial

Jacek Konieczny jajcus at jajcus.net
Wed Aug 10 02:38:01 CDT 2016

On 2016-08-09 10:06, Faheem Muhammad wrote:
> trip time and Call Setup time of SIP Requests.
> In case of GSM Network with high delay you need to set the T1 timer a
> higher value like 1000ms (500 ms default). Similarly you can reduce the
> Call setup time by configuring 'T2' upto you choice as per you telephony
> network. Configure t1min, timert1 and timerb according to your network.

No, that won't work.

First – 't1min', 'timert1' and 'timerb' are chan_sip, not pjsip options.

Second – the 'timer_t1' and 'timer_b' settings available in 'pjsip.conf'
are global and not per-endpoint. I cannot change T1 for trunks, as they
might not be fast enough to respond and I cannot set it for phones only.

It seems I need to bring back the chan_sip behaviour – 'do not bother
with INVITE to Unreachable devices'.

Jacek