[asterisk-users] Toll free pattern matching

Tim S tim.strommen at gmail.com
Fri Aug 5 19:42:34 CDT 2016

Don't forget to handle the other special extension cases
<https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Special+Dialplan+Extensions> in
a [context].  What I find is a good practice is to write a root "catch-all"
(template), then I tag that onto any new [context](template).

[Special-Extensions]
exten -> a,1,NoOp(Where a call jumps when the caller requests the assistant)
exten -> e,1,NoOp(Catchall where a call jumps with an exception on the call)
exten -> h,1,NoOp(Where a call jump with a hang up)
exten -> i,1,NoOp(Where a call jumps if an invalid extension is entered)
exten -> o,1,NoOp(Where a call jumps when a caller requests an operator)
exten -> s,1,NoOp(Where a call jumps to when a new call starts in a context
if no extension is specified)
exten -> t,1,NoOp(Where a call jumps if the user did not enter a response
to Background or WaitExten)
exten -> T,1,NoOp(Where a call jumps when it exceeds the absolute TIMEOUT
value for a call).

[your-new-context](Special-Extensions)

-T