[asterisk-users] Removing mailbox and password prompt for voicemail

D'Arcy J.M. Cain darcy at Vex.Net
Thu Aug 4 08:12:52 CDT 2016

On Thu, 4 Aug 2016 14:01:27 +0100
Nabeel <nabeelshikder at gmail.com> wrote:
> You seem to misunderstand even after I have explained.  I don't need a
> password when calling my mailbox from my own registered phone (not

And the extension I suggested in answer to your original question will
do that for you.  Are you saying that pressing "*98" from your phone
requests a password?

> calling from any other phone). I don't need to call my mailbox from
> other phones on the planet, so I don't need a password.  Consider the

You need a password to protect your mailbox from people entering '*'
during your message.  The extension I gave you bypasses the password
when you call from your own phone.

> voicemail you get from your mobile network on your mobile phone. You
> don't access it from any phone in the world; you only access it from
> the mobile phone which has your SIM, and you probably don't enter a
> password for it.

Yes but if someone accesses it from another phone it damn well better
ask for a password before serving up my messages.

> The password is only asked if a password has been set. A password is
> also asked if any number is entered after the 'mailbox' prompt.

From outside phones.  What happens when you dial "*98" from your own
phone.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain