[asterisk-users] my dahdi dont'n start

A J Stiles asterisk_list at earthshod.co.uk
Fri Apr 29 03:15:51 CDT 2016

***  THIS IS NOT WHERE YOUR REPLY BELONGS  ***

On Friday 29 Apr 2016, Mamadou NGOM wrote:
> Hello,
> I have not resolved my problem.I renamed my  dahdi file  "mv dahdi.bash
> dahdi " in the directory /etc/init.d, but it doesn'nt work yet. the same
> error after the command  /etc/init.d/dahdi start
> -bash: /etc/init.d/dahdi: /bin/sh^M: bad interpreter: No such file or
> directory serveurvoix:~#
> thank for your help.
> best regards

No.  "mv dahdi.bash dahdi" was the whole command to rename the file.  The file
needs just to be called "dahdi"  (without the speech marks)  in the folder
"/etc/init.d"  (without the speech marks).

If you have copied the file through Windows, the line endings may have become
corrupted  (I noticed a ^M in your error report).  If so, you should run

# hd dahdi | grep 0d

to check.  If you get any output, this indicates that Windows-style line-
endings are present.  To fix this, you can use

# mv dahdi dahdi.0
# tr -d "\015" < dahdi.0 > dahdi
# rm dahdi.0

after which sequence of commands, you should find that running

# hd dahdi | grep 0d

produces no output.  And then when you type

# service dahdi start

then you should find DAHDI starting up.  If so, then don't forget to run

# update-rc.d dahdi defaults

to ensure DAHDI gets started at bootup from next time onwards.

--
AJS

Note:  Originating address only accepts e-mail from list!  If replying off-
list, change address to asterisk1list at earthshod dot co dot uk .