[asterisk-users] "Follow me" with Asterisk that detects cellphone voicemail and similar announcements

Robin Kipp mlists at robin-kipp.net
Thu Apr 28 17:25:36 CDT 2016

Hello all,

thanks to all of you for your truly excellent ideas and suggestions, greatly appreciated!
You have definitely given me a lot of things to play around with in the coming days.
For starters, I think I will try the built-in Follow Me feature as suggested by Karl, as it seems like this would be the easiest in order to get basic functionality up and running.
Following that I will definitely try something more complex, such as the setup suggested by Adam.
Using some PHP and / or Python, I should even be able to integrate with Swarm by Foursquare. In that case, the Asterisk server would be notified if I check in in a new country using the Swarm API, and consequently redirect calls to the corresponding mobile number. This would be pretty sweet, as it would basically allow me to configure call redirection using the Swarm app on my phone.
I will also try changing the SIP port and see what happens, at least it would allow me to use SIP over the cell network while I have an appropriately fast connection.

Many thanks once again, this has definitely helped me make up my mind about what’s possible!
Best wishes,
Robin